Sunday, September 28, 2014

Advice to My Younger Self

I read an article a few weeks back which asked the question, "what advice would you give your younger self if you were writing yourself a letter?". After giving it some thought,  I have surmised that I would give my younger self the following advice:

1. Don't take yourself so seriously. 
2. Don't worry. It changes nothing. I repeat, it changes absolutely nothing. 
3. Get to know Jesus sooner. 
4. Remember, it is all temporary.
5. Love is so much more than the mushy, gushy stuff in novels and on TV.
6. Accept help. 
7. Forgive quickly and as often as necessary. 
8. Love like you have never been hurt, even if you were.
9. Focus in on what God says about you, not what people say. 
10. Don't ever give up or quit, especially when you think you can't go one more step or are afraid. Do it afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment